3 replies to this topic

#1 Feathers

Feathers

Premium Member

• Moderators
  • 411 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:49 PM

Dangerous Mind Games: How Psychopaths Manipulate and Deceive

We’ve all been burned by psychopaths largely because we fell for their lies and their lines.  The better informed people are with their techniques of deception, the more they can recognize them and protect themselves against them. A psychopath gets you within his power largely through deception. As Cleckley noted in The Mask of Sanity, the main reason why people are easily taken in by their lies is not because the lies themselves are that convincing, but because of the psychopaths’ effective rhetorical strategies. What are those?  

https://psychopathya...te-and-deceive/

Does this mean all politicians and media mongers are psychopaths. They use rhetorical fallacies quite well. Perfectly professional and well practiced techniques used to deceive us all.

Posted Image

#2 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:06 PM

No, I don't think the politicians and their ilk are necessarily psychopaths. More like sociopaths. They do what they do because they're beholden to the real psychopaths from above. Otherwise, these fools would lose their power and prestige. Besides, they're addicted to it just like a drug addict. The true psychopaths live behind the curtain. Directing others to perform their mighty deeds. As for the media? They're just a bunch of actors payed to play their parts. Stuffing our heads with pussy grabbing rhetoric designed to influence the mood of any given society.

#3 Feathers

Feathers

Premium Member

• Moderators
  • 411 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:21 PM

No, I don't think the politicians and their ilk are necessarily psychopaths. More like sociopaths. They do what they do because they're beholden to the real psychopaths from above. Otherwise, these fools would lose their power and prestige. Besides, they're addicted to it just like a drug addict. The true psychopaths live behind the curtain. Directing others to perform their mighty deeds. As for the media? They're just a bunch of actors payed to play their parts. Stuffing our heads with pussy grabbing rhetoric designed to influence the mood of any given society.

Yes, maybe so. I'm just tired of all the blue beams broadcasting reams of bullshit all the time. I've learned to turn it off when my mood begins to deteriorate into the negative realm.  

Posted Image

#4 Digger

Digger

Premium Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:19 PM

master_of_puppets_by_skippywoodfood.png

2d51416ed92070a4a705091d113305dc.jpg

Reply to this topic