Photo

If YOU Travel You NEED to See This Video!

Travel world database

24 replies to this topic

#1 Ghostly Machines

Ghostly Machines

Premium Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:23 PM

The video is about Biometric ID , facial recognition, and finger printing tech for Travel around the world. It touches on the legislation procedures involved by government agencies integrating their databases with private companies to expedite mandates of ID control. People are being transformed into digital organisms...

Never mind the flashlight ad at the beginning. 

7mDFXjl.gif

#2 Feathers

Feathers

Premium Member

• Moderators
  • 697 posts
  • LocationFloating in the Breeze

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:00 PM

:Flying:

:Heavy:

:Grin_Jump3:

Posted Image

#3 status - Quo

status - Quo
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

One always needs to watch out when traveling abroad. 

A few pointers on tipping doormen, bouncers, and waiters..

Don't be too generous in your approach but it's a good idea to tip the maid just in case she needs to clean a little extra mess or if you need extra blankets and towels. Tipping the hotel bell boy is a common practice. Waiters and waitresses get about 15% of the bill if the service is good. Bouncers get nothing as they are pricks and don't help anyways. Plus it's never a good idea to go to places where you need to pay a doorman to watch your back.

#4 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:06 AM

The new modern methods of control. It looks like people will have to get used to the new techno side being constructed in the new world for the ages. If you don't like it don't travel. Besides, nothing ever really goes as planned. Like this thread turning into a list of travel tips

I've been around the world and going through some airports is a real pain in the ass. Best thing to do would be to gather yourself a lot of patience. You're going to need it.

As for tipping...

I tip based on the situation and I don't even look at what other people do but some go out of their way to show they are tipping for some reason which I would equate to face which is huge in Asia. Another thing I've noticed is the ones that do tip have no problems tipping with your money if you let them. 

Some people say tipping can an act of kindness that's a weakness to exploit. Personally I've never agreed with this school of thought. 

It's silly to criticize another's spending habits as it's not your money to be bitching about. By the same token, I was brought up to pay extra as an appreciation for good service as anybody working in the hospitality industry will tell you they rely on tips to pay their bills. The same can be said much more for the people in Asia as often times their tips are more than their salaries. Same goes for many parts of the West as minimum wage does not apply to service staff in a restaurant therefore they generally get as low as $3,00 a hour and are also taxed on their calculated tips which I find to be absurd. 

:spaceships_010:

#5 status - Adam

status - Adam
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:47 AM

Why The TSA Doesn't Stop Terrorist Attacks - Adam Ruins Everything 

Adam shows us why airport security doesn't actually make us safer; it just makes us feel safer.

#6 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:48 PM

One always needs to watch out when traveling abroad. 

A few pointers on tipping doormen, bouncers, and waiters..

Don't be too generous in your approach but it's a good idea to tip the maid just in case she needs to clean a little extra mess or if you need extra blankets and towels. Tipping the hotel bell boy is a common practice. Waiters and waitresses get about 15% of the bill if the service is good. Bouncers get nothing as they are pricks and don't help anyways. Plus it's never a good idea to go to places where you need to pay a doorman to watch your back.

Service workers and restaurant employees have historically never been paid well. Tipping used to be something the wealthy did before being served, like greasing a bouncer at the door. In those days the bouncers actually did kick the ass you told them too. If you had a big enough wallet that is.

About the time of the great depression tipping started its rise to what we currently know today. Public eateries started the trend of not paying their employees and began laying the cost down on the patrons. The owner of the establishment would casually comment to the customer about how poor your waiter was so poor and could you throw him a nickel? The old guilt trip con at its best. 

#7 status - Tipper

status - Tipper
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:49 AM

Getting robbed while you're traveling can be devastating. While some hotels have in-rooms safes, it's possible they malfunction, and someone in the hotel will have a master key to your safe. Hiding money in various places in your rooms can help ensure that you won't fall victim to a thief.

Step 1

Purchase the items you need. If you are driving to your destination, the items you need can be purchased beforehand and taken with you. However, if you are flying, you can't take a screwdriver, scissors or a razor on the plane. If this is the case, stop at the local drug or hardware store to gather your hiding tools before heading to your hotel.

Step 2

Take one side of the shower rod off the wall. Most shower rods pop in and out easily, making it a good place to hide money. Place your money in a sealed plastic bag. Make sure that all the air is out of the bag to it's easier to fit in small places. Then simply take one side of the shower rod down, slide your money in and replace the rod.

Step 3

Snip a few stitches at the bottom of the curtain to create a small pouch. Most curtains are made the same. At the bottom, there is a hem. Simply use your scissors to snip away a few stitches. Then fold some bills up and store them in the curtain. Do the same thing to the collar of the extra dress shirt you packed and slip some bills in there too.
Step 4

Hide money in your toiletry bag. Roll up a bill and slip it into the the end of your disposable razor. Place money into three separate plastic sandwich bags. Make sure that the bags are properly sealed and all the air is removed. Slide one baggie into each of the small tinted plastic bottles. Then fill the bottles with shampoo, lotion and hair conditioner so that the baggies aren't easily seen.

Step 5

Put a few bills into separate envelopes and seal the envelopes. Tape the envelopes under the drawers in the dresser and nightstand. An envelope can also be taped to the bottom of the trash can, but make sure you don't use the trash can. This way the housekeeper is less likely to pick it up.

Step 6

Unscrew the back of the television. Place some money in an envelope and put the envelope inside the television. Then screw the back of the television back in place. This technique also works on the telephone, if the bottom can be taken off.

#8 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:00 AM

Only use the hotel safe for passport and tickets, and maybe a day of extra spending money. A money belt is good too. If you're going to stay longer in a country starting a bank account wouldn't be such a bad idea either.

#9 status - Orient Express

status - Orient Express
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:28 AM

Only use the hotel safe for passport and tickets, and maybe a day of extra spending money. A money belt is good too. If you're going to stay longer in a country starting a bank account wouldn't be such a bad idea either.

I forget shit all the time so I ain't gonna be hiding money all over the place. I like the money belt action. A quick excuse to the bathroom and walla walla washington - instant cash.

#10 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:37 AM

Why The TSA Doesn't Stop Terrorist Attacks - Adam Ruins Everything 

Adam shows us why airport security doesn't actually make us safer; it just makes us feel safer.

:Laughing-rolf:

We shouldn't be probing around inside people's buttholes

Is+it+smart+necessary+to+be+a+dick+to+a+

Reply to this topic