Photo

If YOU Travel You NEED to See This Video!

Travel world database

25 replies to this topic

#11 status - Tipper

status - Tipper
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

I forget shit all the time so I ain't gonna be hiding money all over the place. I like the money belt action. A quick excuse to the bathroom and walla walla washington - instant cash.

I always found this kind of thing useful to hide money in.

#12 status - Orient Express

status - Orient Express
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:36 PM

Keeping your laptop secure can be a hassle as most hotel safes aren't big enough. I found a cool bag that makes it easier on the mind when I leave my room. It has a detachable strap with a heavy duty comination lock so it can be wrapped around a large piece of furniture. Can't be removed without some serious damage being inflicted. I just put my small stuff in the safe; including my small electronics and the rest I put in the PacSafe bag

www.pacsafe.com

#13 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:00 PM

The video is about Biometric ID , facial recognition, and finger printing tech for Travel around the world. It touches on the legislation procedures involved by government agencies integrating their databases with private companies to expedite mandates of ID control. People are being transformed into digital organisms...

Never mind the flashlight ad at the beginning. 

How can private companies be trusted to hold such sensitive information. Besides, won't they use all the information they gather and sell it ?

#14 status - quo

status - quo
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

Try to avoid changing your money on the weekends if at all possible. The money changers will always give you less on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. If you need to change your money on the weekends, don't change a lot, wait to change between Monday through Thursday, you will get a better rate... 

Don't change your money at banks, you get less of a rate than the money changers.... 

#15 status - Roadrunner

status - Roadrunner
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:47 AM

They like 100s and 50s too. Nothing smaller than a 10 though. Also, most money changers abroad accommodate many denominations. The use of an ATM card will run into at least a 5% fee. Bringing cash is better. There seems to be some kind of thing going on with unacceptable serial numbers on US currency market. Numbers that begin with CA, CB, CD, CF, DB, and DH hold some mark of question among the banks around the world. Some money changers will charge a higher fee to exchange them. I don't why. 

#16 Feathers

Feathers

Premium Member

• Moderators
  • 715 posts
  • LocationFloating in the Breeze

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:16 PM

:Good_Post:

I heard about that currency situation a few years ago. Must be some internal kind of thing going on.

Posted Image

#17 status - quo

status - quo
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

They like 100s and 50s too. Nothing smaller than a 10 though. Also, most money changers abroad accommodate many denominations. The use of an ATM card will run into at least a 5% fee. Bringing cash is better. There seems to be some kind of thing going on with unacceptable serial numbers on US currency market. Numbers that begin with CA, CB, CD, CF, DB, and DH hold some mark of question among the banks around the world. Some money changers will charge a higher fee to exchange them. I don't why. 

When I get to a destination I usually exchange 100 dollars at the airport for taxi and other incidentals. Then I'll go to an exchange for a larger amount in town after I get settled. Larger amounts do get better rates. If I need more later I only exchange 100 dollars at time on the street. I usually go the ones where a big dude with a shotgun is standing by to make sure all is fair. I avoid the shops where all the beggars hang out for that reason and more. You might get robbed. 

#18 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:52 PM

Do you need to exchange money if you're going to the Antarctica?

#19 status - Jack Rabbit

status - Jack Rabbit
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:24 AM

New Rule: Residents In Some States May Need Passports For Domestic Flights In 2018

You may have thought you don't need a passport because you don't travel outside the United States. But for residents of some states, this may change, pending the above info, for any commercial flight, whether international or domestic.

To get past TSA security checkpoints, another form of identification may be required: passport, permanent resident card/green card or a military ID.

The Real ID Act of 2005 insists that state-issued IDs meet the minimum security standards now set by the federal government. 

To repeat, if you’re going to take a flight and you have a state-issued ID from one of the states listed above, unless your state has made federally approved changes before January, it would be safest to use a passport to go anywhere across the country, as all domestic travel is included in these new standards.

Traveling by air seems to have been made more difficult by the federal government, just as it has been made more complicated because of the need to remove our shoes at security check-in. But this new move is considered another way to make traveling safer, and another example of the new normal.

#20 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:30 PM

This just opens the door for more stringent border controls between the states.

Reply to this topic