• Guests

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:37 PM

#2 Jesse Jimmie

Jesse Jimmie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:41 PM

Yes, I saw this story.  That is ludicrous. This kind of behavior concerns everyone. Reason being the bottom line: the costs incurred are charged to the paying customer. What are the items most stolen?  I figure it's crap the shoplifter doesn't really need! Is food a big item on a shoplifters list?  If it is on the list, it shouldn't be.  Americans do eat well enough!  The video proves that well enough

Perhaps a different punishment is in order?  Jail?  No!  Too expensive.  Any suggestions? or, are my ponderings full of crap...???

You, dear reader, can decide that for yourself.

To Cluck or not to Cluck, that is the question...

#3 Heavenly Host

Heavenly Host

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:55 PM

Yes, I saw this story.  That is ludicrous. This kind of behavior concerns everyone. Reason being the bottom line: the costs incurred are charged to the paying customer. What are the items most stolen?  I figure it's crap the shoplifter doesn't really need! Is food a big item on a shoplifters list?  If it is on the list, it shouldn't be.  Americans do eat well enough!  The video proves that well enough

Perhaps a different punishment is in order?  Jail?  No!  Too expensive.  Any suggestions? or, are my ponderings full of crap...???

maybe they should work for the city mowing lawns, picking up papers in parking lots, trimming trees on public land

Santa's Only Begotten

#4 Ghostly Machines

Ghostly Machines

Premium Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:57 PM

Shoplifting is stealing plain and simple.  

Would you like a ghost to come steal your soul?  

:ph34r:

7mDFXjl.gif

#5 Riddikulus

Riddikulus

Premium Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:07 PM

I've heard of people targeting walmart to get popular items that are small and at higher cost. Computer accessories are popular.  Lots of make-up items, drugs and vitamins, etc.

I found this story that offers more on the subject:

These 3 kinds of shoplifters cost Wal-Mart a ton of money

#6 Heavenly Host

Heavenly Host

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:36 PM

cost a lot of money to put these guys in jail.  might as well not put them in jail at all. they sell those expensive items they steal for the drugs.  

Santa's Only Begotten

Reply to this topic