* * * * * 2 votes

A.I. Godhead - Religions of the Future

religion psychology A.I. philosophy transhumanism

35 replies to this topic

#21 status - Ghost

status - Ghost
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

Sean Parker unloads on Facebook: “God only knows what it's doing to our children's brains”

"When Facebook was getting going, I had these people who would come up to me and they would say, 'I'm not on social media.' And I would say, 'OK. You know, you will be.' And then they would say, 'No, no, no. I value my real-life interactions. I value the moment. I value presence. I value intimacy.' And I would say, ... 'We'll get you eventually.'""I don't know if I really understood the consequences of what I was saying, because [of] the unintended consequences of a network when it grows to a billion or 2 billion people and ... it literally changes your relationship with society, with each other ... It probably interferes with productivity in weird ways. God only knows what it's doing to our children's brains.""The thought process that went into building these applications, Facebook being the first of them, ... was all about: 'How do we consume as much of your time and conscious attention as possible?'""And that means that we need to sort of give you a little dopamine hit every once in a while, because someone liked or commented on a photo or a post or whatever. And that's going to get you to contribute more content, and that's going to get you ... more likes and comments.""It's a social-validation feedback loop ... exactly the kind of thing that a hacker like myself would come up with, because you're exploiting a vulnerability in human psychology."

#22 status - Jolly Green Giant

status - Jolly Green Giant
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:55 PM

Pick your god! He calls you to duty. They create faces with books to mind craft your brain with black ops of modern psychological warfare. Grandly learn the newest techniques in auto theft if that is your desire. Just a click a way and they'll Mine craft your potential to feed its own insatiable greed. These faceless gods who keep the books on all who plug in are jealous. Connecting to the one is the goal. One god to rule them all and it just might not tolerate any others...

bill_nye_s01e07_large.jpg

#23 status - Authentic Life

status - Authentic Life
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:18 PM

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAITAAAAJGU4NjRlMTM2LTUxMGQt

A bit of irony on that facebook one?

:chuckle:

Just wait another 30 years and then we'll really see something.

Maybe shooting guns at the range will be the rage instead of at each other.

Maybe that'll take another thousand years.

Who knows? 

#24 status - WiCKED LECTURA

status - WiCKED LECTURA
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:35 PM

Pick your god! He calls you to duty. They create faces with books to mind craft your brain with black ops of modern psychological warfare. Grandly learn the newest techniques in auto theft if that is your desire. Just a click a way and they'll Mine craft your potential to feed its own insatiable greed. These faceless gods who keep the books on all who plug in are jealous. Connecting to the one is the goal. One god to rule them all and it just might not tolerate any others...

http://www.shawnalli...01e07_large.jpg

Cognitive bias filters, political bias filters; what if these little filter bots can direct bias' as well as collect data on all its users bias'. Not only that but correspond it all with the DSM 5 psychological definitions. All categorized with predictive analysis capabilities. 'god' will only know....

#25 Feathers

Feathers

Premium Member

• Moderators
  • 673 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:05 PM

Hollywood has been manipulating people for a century. Facebook just takes social manipulation to the next level. It allows for the 'screen' itself to actually take part in the experience by collecting data on every face watching it. Giving the 'individual' tailor made programming.

Posted Image

#26 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

Hollywood has been manipulating people for a century. Facebook just takes social manipulation to the next level. It allows for the 'screen' itself to actually take part in the experience by collecting data on every face watching it. Giving the 'individual' tailor made programming.

What was the amount of screen time people spent 100 years ago? What about 50 years ago? How about 20 years ago? Now? Is Mass 'programming' growing too fast.? Ever since the 'screen' was invented this means of programming social attitudes and agendas has progressed perhaps beyond our own control. Core values as human beings have been challenged exponentially since its inception. The medium has allowed for dark psychology to be addressed and communicated into our minds with an ever increasing influence on a worldwide scale for over a century. Google is the logical extension for the possibilities our own faces will add to this new book of testaments.

Bringing glory and salvation to all.

Screened and filtered to better serve you...

#27 status - Adam

status - Adam
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:47 PM

Has the amount of human beings who've ever lived on planet Earth reached google yet?? What if we add all the other 'beings' too. Count the cells...count the atoms...can it reach Infinity?

#28 status - Jobe

status - Jobe
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

giphy.gif

#29 status - dBased dog

status - dBased dog
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

Cognitive bias filters, political bias filters; what if these little filter bots can direct bias' as well as collect data on all its users bias'. Not only that but correspond it all with the DSM 5 psychological definitions. All categorized with predictive analysis capabilities. 'god' will only know....

Just like the old stories of God watching over everybody. Right? Yes, this machine will allow its controllers to actually have these godlike powers. A dome over an allegorical flat earth of control and observation. Shaped like a panopticon. Only thing is they're not gods...

Who's voice will breathe life into this new thing? Convincing us with shiny rhetoric to enter its embrace. Shielding us all from harm. 

Harm from what?  

I think it's a shield for the false shepherds to stay safe from the sheep. The Egosystem holding dominion over the Ecosystem doesn't mean ownership. If this new system should fail the heavens will replace it with another mandate. 

#30 Ghost in the Machine

Ghost in the Machine

Premium Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

I think the difference between religion and science is the morality factor. At least in the past religion emphasized a moral structure of being. Science doesn't really do that. Although, both are guilty of over control.  Maybe it's time to find a balance between these two warring factions. That could be dangerous too. Using the image of God on high either scientifically or through religion has the effect of leaving out the altruistic sense of what it means to be a moral human being that treats others with respect and dignity. They both preach these aspects but the historical actions of their competing philosophies denies much in the moral sense. It really doesn't provide a sense of spiritual well being. It always concentrates on the material senses. Leaving us 'addicted' and divided in circular arguments that lead us into ever more consumption.

7mDFXjl.gif

Reply to this topic