Photo

7th Graders in Tennessee Made to Recite ‘Allah Is the Only God’ in Public School

Church and State Tennessee Public schools education American behaviors

6 replies to this topic

#1 Jesse Jimmie

Jesse Jimmie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:59 AM

http://www.breitbart...m_medium=social

Middle school parents in Tennessee are up in arms on learning that their children were instructed to recite and write, “Allah is the only god,” as part of a world history project.

In the Maury County School District, students were assigned a Five Pillars of Islam project that included the translation of the pillar of “Shahada” as being, “There is no god but Allah; Muhammad is his prophet.”

Joy Ellis, the mother of a seventh-grader at Spring Hill Middle School, said that Christian children should not be instructed to write the Shahada.

To Cluck or not to Cluck, that is the question...

#2 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:02 AM

I thought it was the parents job to teach their children about religion.  Sending kids to private schools of their choice that do provide religious study is fine.  But, public government funded schools should keep their belief agendas out of the curriculum.  

#3 Jesse Jimmie

Jesse Jimmie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:04 AM

I thought it was the parents job to teach their children about religion.  Sending kids to private schools of their choice that do provide religious study is fine.  But, public government funded schools should keep their belief agendas out of the curriculum.  

If public schools are teaching religion they should teach them all equally! The school board said teaching Christianity was not part of the curriculum and that they would not revisit that chapter. So there appears to be an unusual bias toward one imaginary deity over another.

To Cluck or not to Cluck, that is the question...

#4 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:05 AM

I believe in God.  I hold my beliefs true and I don't force them upon others.  I will not abide anyone or any institution telling me or my own how to believe and act according to 'Gods' will. I suppose the extremist assholes in the world will just have to behead me!  May they burn in hell for all eternity in their controlled fuckery! For all of them, after all, are only men with agendas.  I have two words for those kinds of people:  FUCK YOU!

#5 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:12 AM

“But what really did bother me,” Porterfield said, “was that they did this assignment where they wrote out the Five Pillars of Islam, including having the children learn and write the Shahada, which is the Islamic conversion creed.”

“I spoke with the teacher and the principal,” she said. “They are not going to learn any other religion, doctrines or creeds and they are not going back over this chapter. Even though they discuss Christianity a little bit during the Middle Ages, they are not ever going to have this basis for Judaism or Christianity later.”

Porterfield said the class skipped Christianity because it’s not required by the state’s standards. Those standards, TN Core, are very similar to the national Common Core standards, though in May Gov. Bill Haslam signed a bill eliminating Common Core. 

Changing the language within the 'law' or policy will not change the fact that Common Core is here to stay.  The only recourse here would be to home school children.  The states requirements for educating people are no longer solid in constructing free critical thinking individuals.  I don't think they really ever have been solid in equal opportunity.  Pushing out common drones in an educational conveyor belt designed to enrich a selfish corporate driven state.

#6 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:12 AM

“But what really did bother me,” Porterfield said, “was that they did this assignment where they wrote out the Five Pillars of Islam, including having the children learn and write the Shahada, which is the Islamic conversion creed.”

“I spoke with the teacher and the principal,” she said. “They are not going to learn any other religion, doctrines or creeds and they are not going back over this chapter. Even though they discuss Christianity a little bit during the Middle Ages, they are not ever going to have this basis for Judaism or Christianity later.”

Porterfield said the class skipped Christianity because it’s not required by the state’s standards. Those standards, TN Core, are very similar to the national Common Core standards, though in May Gov. Bill Haslam signed a bill eliminating Common Core. 

Changing the language within the 'law' or policy will not change the fact that Common Core is here to stay.  The only recourse here would be to home school children.  The states requirements for educating people are no longer solid in constructing free critical thinking individuals.  I don't think they really ever have been solid in equal opportunity.  Pushing out common drones in an educational conveyor belt designed to enrich a selfish corporate driven state.

#7 Riddikulus

Riddikulus

Premium Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:26 AM

Personally, I think learning about EVERY religion is important.  The more information the better.  It makes it easier to discern the bullshit.  But, I don't think the government should be the ones to do it.  Parents have always been the first and foremost influence for every child's education.  Common Core is changing this.  Children are critically accessed by the state at an early age and placed accordingly into a diagnosed behavior pattern.  Drugs are prescribed, doctrines taught, and what comes out at the end is a wonderful little drone, capable of working only a service, slave-like job for our corporate overlords.

Reply to this topic