Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:58 AM

hIlEOKa.gif

200.gif

:GrinNod1:

#314 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:48 PM

Ever wonder why the Georgia Guidestones were Built?

https://www.metabunk...nse Renewed.pdf

561704-bigthumbnail.jpg

#315 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:03 PM

Memri

Exploring the Middle East and South Asia through their media, MEMRI bridges the language gap between the West and the Middle East and South Asia, providing timely translations of Arabic, Farsi, Urdu-Pashtu, Dari, and Turkish media, as well as original analysis of political, ideological, intellectual, social, cultural, and religious trends.

Founded in February 1998 to inform the debate over U.S. policy in the Middle East, MEMRI is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit, 501©3 organization. MEMRI's main office is located in Washington, DC, with branch offices in various world capitals. MEMRI research is translated into English, French, Polish, Japanese, Spanish and Hebrew.

https://www.memri.org/about

Bear in mind this is a propaganda site. But, you might find some nuggets of truth in it.

#316 Feathers

Feathers

Premium Member

• Moderators
  • 788 posts
  • LocationFloating in the Breeze

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:17 PM

Memri

Exploring the Middle East and South Asia through their media, MEMRI bridges the language gap between the West and the Middle East and South Asia, providing timely translations of Arabic, Farsi, Urdu-Pashtu, Dari, and Turkish media, as well as original analysis of political, ideological, intellectual, social, cultural, and religious trends.

Founded in February 1998 to inform the debate over U.S. policy in the Middle East, MEMRI is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit, 501©3 organization. MEMRI's main office is located in Washington, DC, with branch offices in various world capitals. MEMRI research is translated into English, French, Polish, Japanese, Spanish and Hebrew.

https://www.memri.org/about

Bear in mind this is a propaganda site. But, you might find some nuggets of truth in it.

I don't like the message this place implies. But, I'll leave it up.

Posted Image

#317 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:28 PM

Why do you say that?

#318 Feathers

Feathers

Premium Member

• Moderators
  • 788 posts
  • LocationFloating in the Breeze

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:31 PM

Darwinist theories of a Supreme Species or Race on Earth. I don't believe any group or race is supreme in any way. History has shown that we're a bunch of idiots imposing rules over a so called weaker race only because of technology. Spears over rocks, guns over arrows, bombs over guns...

Bigger firepower always gives one group airs over another...

Knowledge is power and the moneychangers control that just like any other commodity.

Posted Image

#319 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:13 PM

Download Coloring Pages From Over 100 MuseumsDownload Coloring Pages From Over 100 Museums

Over a hundred museums and libraries around the world make coloring books based on their collections for the Color Our Collections program, led by the New York Academy of Medicine. Along with three previous annual collections, there are now 396 PDF coloring books you can print out. Here are some of our favorites.

These are just screencaps; you can see a full-size PDF in the link below each picture. The pages vary in subject and level of detail, but the museums have taken care to keep images kid-friendly. (There is some medieval violence and religious scenes, if that’s something you want to screen before you send your kids to the site.)

https://lifehacker.c...eums-1832753859

#320 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:26 PM

Translating Southern Sayings

As a transplanted Yankee living in the South, I am often surprised and amazed by the colorful Southern expressions I hear. Of course, there are the good old standbys we all know and love, like "y'all" and "down yonder." But the richness of Southern speech goes far beyond one or two-word expressions. There's a Southern expression for every occasion.

While their images and colloquialisms tickle the funny bone, Southern expressions usually convey exactly what the speaker intended. No one can mistake the intent and meaning of "I'm going to jerk a knot in your tail!" On the other hand, there are some Southernisms that it might take a Yankee like me years to figure out without a translator.

For example, here is an expression I've never ever heard above the Mason-Dixon line: "That possum's on the stump!" (Translation: That's as good as it gets!)

Or this one: "His heart is a thumpin' gizzard." (Translation: He's cold-hearted and cruel.)

Whether you are from another part of the country or from another country altogether, I hope you enjoy this collection of Southern sayings.

https://wanderwisdom...ern-Expressions

Reply to this topic