Photo

Current Human Condition And Perceptions

mentality reality hypocrisy truth lies social distortion facts science fake news human condition

16 replies to this topic

#11 status - quo

status - quo
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:40 AM

I remember seeing the band Social Distortion back in the late 80s through around 2000. They were quite popular but never made it mainstream but they had a message which is on this post. Thanks for posting this as I wondered across this trying to remember Mike Ness and his band Social Distortion. 

Interesting site from the little I have seen so far I will have to bookmark this.

It seems like humanities condition has always been one of social distortion. Looking through the glass darkly, so to speak...

:chuckle:

#12 status - Weather Station #9

status - Weather Station #9
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:53 AM

Are there any universal perceptions worthy of consideration? Maybe mankind needs a periscope to see above all these deep and dark social distortions.

All you need is love...

0174b3a9bc75c127506d3d581b9bfed5.gif

The submarine metaphor. I like that.

Perhaps there are more submarines out in the deep that no one really knows anything about?

hUyqwVB.gif

#13 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:27 AM

gYU6Sc2.gif

#14 Feathers

Feathers

Premium Member

• Moderators
  • 718 posts
  • LocationFloating in the Breeze

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:41 AM

:HangOn1:

M4ea.gif

:happy:

Posted Image

#15 status - Ships of Fools

status - Ships of Fools
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:21 AM

One cannot help but notice the utter madness of rhetoric found from extreme portions of human consciousness in the middle of 2018, our collective planetary "calendar" made by man himself. Funny how nobody questions how or why the common calendar number of July 19, 2018 exists anyway. We all owe this reality to the ancient Egyptians and later, the Romans using the Julian system.

Surprisingly some modern day demagogue hasn't declared this number null and void yet starting at nothing calling this the New Age. Indeed it certainly is on many levels as mankind or sorry, humankind evolves into something just not quite right. When will the vails of truth be transparent and our minds free of influences of distortion?

In the struggle of the human condition and its move into artificial influences proclaimed as technological advancement, we find ourselves losing track with basic truths. Far too many external influences mesmerize our complex brains into useless matter completely void of useful desires or endeavors. Most of us are just trying to survive in a World that can only be described as disturbed. 

There are many schools of thought to these basic ponderings all of which have profound distinctions. For advanced species to evolve there should be no question of basic realities and no motivations for manipulation. 

Perception has become a social distortion of the human condition. This begs the question of what forces are at work causing this, if any? 

The internet has certainly provided a medium for the whole world over to express their human conditions. It seems only the larger social groups and news networks have the majority control over our mass perceptional output. More control mechanisms on their part feed the rest...

Why is there such a focus on negative perceptions in our current human condition? Especially from the larger networks. Behavioral conditions on the larger social scenes are beginning to use a heavy hammer in their censorship tactics. When does this become a problem for the human condition?

Oh well, that digresses from a point I want to make. Why aren't positive perceptions used to focus our attention as much? Too many lurid and emotionally packed stories filled with constant bickering leading us all into what? Where are the politicians and media moguls leading the public condition with their constant posturing and unwillingness to set positive precedents?

#16 crazymichael

crazymichael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:22 PM

#17 Feathers

Feathers

Premium Member

• Moderators
  • 718 posts