Politics resources

15 replies to this topic

#11 Jesse Jimmie

Jesse Jimmie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:42 PM

Who holds the debt on the crown of the world? Come collection time, we'll see!

To Cluck or not to Cluck, that is the question...

#12 Rolandvere

Rolandvere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:10 PM

Who holds the debt on the crown of the world? Come collection time, we'll see!

funny-gif-pirates-caribbean-stairs-wind.

;)

#13 status - Selachee

status - Selachee
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:00 PM

$20 Parking Ticket to NASA for Parking on an Asteroid

About 11 months before NASA’s ‘NEAR Shoemaker’ spacecraft landed on the asteroid 433, Eros, Gregory W. Nemitz claimed its ownership. He somehow got it registered and waited for the NASA’s probe to land on the near earth asteroid.

The asteroid was estimated to hold several million billion dollars of platinum. When NASA landed their spacecraft on Eros, Nemitz prepared an invoice of $20 and sent it to NASA. According to him, the parking rates on his extra-terrestrial land were $ 0.20 per year and he had decided to charge them to cover the next $ 100 years of parking.

680cc9295557dc2e2e89ebe93385b3dd8f6a5ad0

#14 status - Quark

status - Quark
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

I really don't see how all the arguments about who owns what out there in space makes a difference. No one is really blasting off to leave the planet to go get the resources out there. I figure there's plenty for all anyways. All you gotta do is go and get it like digging up gold in the old California rush. Why with todays tech aren't more groups and individuals trying to shoot for the last frontier? The only way to do that is to leave the planet. Only thing is I heard there are laws saying it's illegal to leave the planet without permission.

#15 RottenApples

RottenApples

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

It is expensive to send out ships to mine outer space. Financing could be got from conglomerates of speculators. Like they did in the old days when heavy ventures of this sort where sent across the oceans to trade for treasure and spice.

#16 Digger

Digger

Premium Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

I really don't see how all the arguments about who owns what out there in space makes a difference. No one is really blasting off to leave the planet to go get the resources out there. I figure there's plenty for all anyways. All you gotta do is go and get it like digging up gold in the old California rush. Why with todays tech aren't more groups and individuals trying to shoot for the last frontier? The only way to do that is to leave the planet. Only thing is I heard there are laws saying it's illegal to leave the planet without permission.

What if some of those bodies out there are already claimed?

:chuckle:

Reply to this topic