* * * * * 3 votes

Private Economy with Public Magnificence

112 replies to this topic

#101 status - I'm not a robot

status - I'm not a robot
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:41 AM

:chuckle:

You do realize it doesn't work if the the group knows it's being psycho-historically analyzed...

Wouldn't these mean there is value in ignorance for the psychic drivers? Keeping the populace ignorant of the knowledge would be key. Both in the altruistic sense and in the corrupted sense. After all, ignorance is profitable for those in the know. Giving the group a twisted sense of reciprocal altruism tends to have an effect of keeping competition within the group among themselves and leaving the leader(s) almost invisible. Machiavelli would be proud.

#102 status - Bliss

status - Bliss
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:53 AM

What does it mean to be an American?

#103 status - Hobbes

status - Hobbes
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:13 PM

Wouldn't these mean there is value in ignorance for the psychic drivers? Keeping the populace ignorant of the knowledge would be key. Both in the altruistic sense and in the corrupted sense. After all, ignorance is profitable for those in the know. Giving the group a twisted sense of reciprocal altruism tends to have an effect of keeping competition within the group among themselves and leaving the leader(s) almost invisible. Machiavelli would be proud.

Social contract theories. I suppose it is profitable to keep the group ignorant of the language in the small print too. Or, at least diverted from actually reading it. Never mind understanding it. That's another sense of ignorance altogether.

#104 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:16 PM

What does it mean to be an American?

exploring-social-cognitive-theory-with-c

#105 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:21 PM

Every nation has always been a pyramid scheme. This is the machine made by men to watch over all our combined interests. As you can see it doesn't matter much on the ideology or scandal. In fact, those theatrics help the invisible ones control all our economic lives. Besides, didn't Trump tell the people about the bankers and their shenanigans? I think he did. Right to our faces. Only, we're more interested in Stormy weather to really pay attention.

Wasn't this one of the major reasons for the American Revolution to begin with: American Elite were being hammered by the British economic system. All the gold flowing through one major pipeline. Both wanting control of all American Resources to build their respective societies. One to gain and keep overall control of the Empire while the other desiring to spread the wealth out to the very frontier...

...at least in an altruistic sense...

#106 status - Collective Soul

status - Collective Soul
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:56 PM

Social contract theories. I suppose it is profitable to keep the group ignorant of the language in the small print too. Or, at least diverted from actually reading it. Never mind understanding it. That's another sense of ignorance altogether.

Well then, don't teach it as an elementary subject. And keep it secret or non existent on the universal level also.

There are variables in value itself. Different dimensions with their own value but connected to a greater whole. A hierarchy of sorts. Always with the pyramid.

Except...

Experience: Activities, plans, building things, fulfillment and satisfaction. Time.

How does experience define what we are? This requires strong evaluations of the self. Practicing for excellence in higher dimensions of meaning in a non-relative or universal value. Finding the objective worth. This means history. Your history. My history. Maybe even Our history.

Does the value you create include other groups of perception?
Is your value better than anothers value?
How do you make relative bridges?
Are there higher ethical truths for all?

Relativism says you can't do that. No POV or society is better on values. Policies and procedures tend to dictate the bias by twisting its value to serve the core higher value.

Maybe this 3D ring around the rosie is projecting itself onto a fourth dimension.  And finding the fault there rather than from itself. This has the effect of causing bias and confusion within the whole soul.

#107 Michaelruise

Michaelruise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCharlotte Amalie

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:44 AM

SICK IS EXACTLY RIGHT. WOULD YOU LAY -1300 with Pedro over your little league team?? OF COURSE

#108 status - con-spiritual

status - con-spiritual
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:09 PM

maybe apply a little pseudo science to this thread. imma a thinkin psychohistory. not too big on the maths involved with all that but it is interesting how societies behave as a whole throughout their existence. just wondering if it is possible to mathematically predict with some really decent accuracy (not 100 percent) how a society will react to a stimulus.

all kinds of variables apply: behaviors inherent with traditions, crowd controls, mob mentality, etc.

How many variables?

only an A.I. Robot could know...

I just wonder how far this old idea (fictional) can really stimulate modern thinking.

Fiction has a way of bringing out the reality in strange ways...

lots of variables to consider...

biographies. Individuals do count. Important to consider major monuments in history and their perceptions. How it affected the crowds they controlled. how demagogues and idolized actors direct an ideal behavior.

Or not~

#109 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:22 AM

The thing is with psychohistory is that it postulates logical predictions on the greatest probability of action. Taking a myriad of stimulus into the consideration. Though, always in a general sense inside the greater whole. It doesn't focus too much on the individual.

#110 status - Calvin

status - Calvin
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:30 AM

Ignorance is Bliss!

Devil-Tells-Truth.jpg

Reply to this topic