* * * * * 3 votes

Private Economy with Public Magnificence

152 replies to this topic

#131 status - Tree Fiddy

status - Tree Fiddy
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2018 - 04:40 PM

Sophistry is the bane of all classical learning.

Geo-religious/Geo-political  - independent universal zones of power, influence, and authority.

Universe expand.

Multi-verse

Literary conventions abound. Psychic probing with rancid rhetoric for sale!

Universe cities collide!

Green acres is the place to be...

:chuckle:

#132 status - Ludicrous

status - Ludicrous
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:26 PM

Public corporations.

These are the ones that service everybody. Transportation, water, power, a few others...

Profiting from that for selfish reasons doesn't hunt well and does not serve the public.

Private corporations utilize those services all the time.

I got no problems with private corporations. Only when they invade my private economy. Too many bells & whistles accompany their policies. Leaving a one sided contract giving them full control over the details. Allowing them to change policy anytime they feel like it. Legally breaking contracts, so to speak...

I suppose my definition of contract means fair use and live and let live. I guess I've been hood-winked. Oh well, it's not the first time and it certainly won't be the last.

Live and learn.

I hope!

Besides, all the public infrastruction within needs to be upgraded to achieve magnificence.

Infrastructure Development Projects

#133 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:50 PM

:wink:

Cultural studies? What about cultural applications:

Targeted Marketing

Traditions - a gathering of memes

Recognitio - recognition - knowing when to do the tradition.
Actio - thing you actually do.
Justificatio - justification for it.

Shades of Hegel

Rinse and repeat.

Glossary%252CDefinition_by_Meta-Model%25

http://feddialectics...gels-logik.html

all these minority groups fighting one another. changing around the old traditions that everyone knew so well. after a time everyone will get tired of it and embrace the old traditions once again. 

#134 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2018 - 12:55 PM

Writs of Assistance

Writs of assistance were court orders that authorized customs officers to conduct general (non-specific) searches of premises for contraband. The exact nature of the materials being sought did not have to be detailed, nor did their locations.

The writs were one of a list of grievances that the Americans harbored against the Crown and contributed to the process of changing loyal colonists into advocates for independence.

http://www.u-s-histo...ages/h1205.html

James Otis argued against these writs of assistance. The merchants hired him as their lawyer to defend against the search and seizure of their vessels. They were, after all, smugglers. They knew it and Otis represented their interests against seizure warrants. This is a great spark in the revolutionary process that followed.

How does this change our understanding of the American Revolution? Essentially, the merchants were breaking the transporation laws and smuggling goods without paying duties. Pirates hacking the system! They were fighting the bigger pirates - King Georgies cronies: The madmen who solicited contracts with the moneylenders and commericial enterprises

:puppetearth:

The case was heard in February and Otis, in the fashion of the day, delivered an eloquent five-hour argument in which he maintained that the writs were a violation of the colonists’ natural rights and that any act of Parliament that abrogated those rights was null and void. He stated in part:

A man’s house is his castle; and whilst he is quiet, he is as well guarded as a prince in his castle. This writ, if it should be declared legal, would totally annihilate this privilege. Custom-house officers may enter our houses when they please; we are commanded to permit their entry. Their menial servants may enter, may break locks, bars, and everything in their way; and whether they break through malice or revenge, no man, no court may inquire.

In attendance at court that day was a young attorney, John Adams, who would later cite this moment as the first scene in the first act of resistance to oppressive British policies.

http://www.u-s-histo...ages/h1204.html

Of Otis, John Adams wrote, "In short, I never saw such an object of admiration, reverence, contempt, and compassion, all at once, as this. I fear, I tremble, I mourn, for the man and his country; many others mourn over him, with tears in their eyes." Poor Otis!

be06d49e8fd757c02be57dd3f0a96bcc.jpg

In May, 1782, Otis was killed after being struck by a bolt of lightning.

:lightning2:

image-20150814-2595-1u5fadw.jpg?ixlib=rb

#135 status - Ancient Mariner

status - Ancient Mariner
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:09 PM

Complaining about the effects instead of the cause.

It was all about economic stability coupled with freedom to control your own stock: life, liberty, and property. Small business instead of giant social control: Resulting in Jeffersonian/Jacksonian economics. At least, for a little while. These were policies to make the resources renewable with conservationist attitude. Effecting expansion to more individuals. 

Sink or sail by your own propertied methods of cooperation. 

This also allows for more freedom in your associations.

Giant corporations that provide public services are too big to fail. Bail outs are required from the public to support their failures. 

6w3K.gif

#136 status - Mad Men

status - Mad Men
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:49 PM

pd5aw.jpg

:devil:

#137 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:01 PM

Using the harm principal as an avoidably factor to create new walls and barriers...

558619eef3600a45b6c0f6383baf7074.png

Reasonable Avoidably! Each with their own principals of legal moralism.

States...

Cities...

Counties

Small Towns...

Communities...

Who is less worthy? Who deserves less respect?

article-0-11C7BB98000005DC-227_638x415.j

#138 Feathers

Feathers

Premium Member

• Moderators
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFloating in the Breeze

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

article-0-11C7BB98000005DC-227_638x415.j

t8ilyzcndm011.jpg

Posted Image

#139 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:22 PM

:funny-chicken-dancing: :funny-chicken-dancing:

gulliver.jpg

:25:

#140 status - Lighthouse

status - Lighthouse
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:30 PM

Sophistry is the bane of all classical learning.

Geo-religious/Geo-political  - independent universal zones of power, influence, and authority.

Universe expand.

Multi-verse

Literary conventions abound. Psychic probing with rancid rhetoric for sale!

Universe cities collide!

Green acres is the place to be...

brobmap.gif

:wink:

Reply to this topic