#1 Digger

Digger

Premium Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:12 PM

GM says you don’t own your car, you just license it

...since it is subject to a licensing agreement, GM is the owner and can allow/disallow certain uses or access.

#2 BetsyGritt

BetsyGritt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:28 AM

I never really did think I owned my own car. Even when I paid for it all. Consider, the police can take my car at anytime. The power they possess gives them many pretenses to finagle practically anything anyone owns into their coffers of exchange. It's called confiscation. Knowing this gives me the feeling that my car is under a license.

:angry:

I used to have to worry about mechanical failures with a car. Now, I have to worry about electronic failures...that costs a hell of a lot more money to fix!

:huh:

#3 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:48 AM

Doesn't Microsoft do the same kind of thing with their newest software?

Close the source and charge them for the service!

#4 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:36 AM

green eggs and spam

#5 Feathers

Feathers

Premium Member

• Moderators
  • 573 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:43 AM

I never really did think I owned my own car. Even when I paid for it all. Consider, the police can take my car at anytime. The power they possess gives them many pretenses to finagle practically anything anyone owns into their coffers of exchange. It's called confiscation. Knowing this gives me the feeling that my car is under a license.

:angry:

I used to have to worry about mechanical failures with a car. Now, I have to worry about electronic failures...that costs a hell of a lot more money to fix!

:huh:

Great for repo men to come at the small hours of night and jack your car right under your nose. :chick07:

Police devices to stop cars electronically comes to mind regarding your concerns with policy power.

Vehicle-mounted device disables car electronics at 50 meters

Batman+Dancing.gif

https://www.policeon...s-at-50-meters/

Posted Image

#6 status - wty123

status - wty123
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:27 AM

you don't own spam

Reply to this topic