• Guests

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:17 AM

cartoon.jpg

#32 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:01 PM

Mnemonic Password Generator

This page simply generates a set of mnemonic passwords. It uses the mnencode program to generate passwords from a cryptographically secure pseudorandom number generator (/dev/urandom) Please note: none of these passwords are logged, but it's a good idea to maybe generate your own.

http://edoceo.com/ut...sword-generator

In addition to making super-strong passwords, mnemonics are also great for helping you remember the colors of the rainbow (Roy G. Biv – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) or the names of the Great Lakes (HOMES – Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie, Superior).

So, in honor of mnemonics and all their amazing uses, here are a few of our favorites:

3.14159265358979 aka Pi – “Now I need a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy lectures involving quantum mechanics”, where the number of letters in each word equals a number in pi, so Now (3 letters), I (1 letter), Need (4 letters) = 3.14.

The 9 planets – “My very excellent mother just served us nine pizzas”, as in “Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto”.

https://blog.dashlan...word-mnemonics/

#33 status - kani1987

status - kani1987
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:26 AM

CourageousDeepDrongo-max-1mb.gif
mowang06-09

#34 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:02 PM

how come society doesn't exercise its memory today like it was done in earlier times?

#35 Jesse Jimmie

Jesse Jimmie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:17 PM

how come society doesn't exercise its memory today like it was done in earlier times?

maybe not so much in the oral sense .. except.

think of what it takes a for a musician or an actor to remember all they perform.

To Cluck or not to Cluck, that is the question...

#36 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:51 PM

maybe not so much in the oral sense .. except.

think of what it takes a for a musician or an actor to remember all they perform.

It's good to point that out. Rap music in particular is great for that sort of thing. My only concern is the messages being broadcast in the content. Much of it is too negative and filled with an exhausting amount of consumerism.

When the ancient bards were 'rapping' their woes on the stage at least they had good sense enough to bring a positive sense of moral realism to any negativity portrayed in a character.

Society seems to pay more attention to the 'image' or 'ethos' too much to pay attention to some of the messages pop culture artists send out to the public.

#37 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:56 PM

03a2493ccedae3cf24fcf9e8e54ac568af167caa

Reply to this topic