#42 Ghost in the Machine

Ghost in the Machine

Premium Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:59 PM

How An A.I. Donald Trump Is Making Twitter Great Again

As if the world needed more Donald Trump, a researcher at MIT's Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory has created an artificial intelligence algorithm that spews Trumpisms, 1000 characters at a time.

The neural network, called DeepDrumpf from John Oliver's bit on Trump's family name, trained on transcripts of Trump speaking at debates and interviews, generates 1,000-character chunks of text based on what it's read. The network's creator, post-doc Brad Hayes, then takes the best 140 characters and tweets them.

In the future, Hayes plans to automate the pruning and posting process so DeepDrumpf will be a real Twitter bot. Then, he says, it's on to the other candidates. By using speeches from the other candidates to make other bots, and then forcing each bot to each other's tweets, Hayes wants start an A.I. Twitter debate.

"If I can take all the speech data from the frontrunners, I can...have them talking over each other for the rest of eternity," Hayes says. "Or at least until the server shuts down."

7mDFXjl.gif

Reply to this topic