on Conspiracy and Unexplained Sites
at Top Site List Planet
status - honey
Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:02 PM
status - Guest
Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:48 PM
status - Scarborough Fair
Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:28 PM
Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:58 PM
How to use Honey for Rooting CuttingsHoney is a great substitute with rooting hormone gel or powder. Honey lasts for hundreds o years and you barley need any for each cutting. In this video I demonstrate the method of using honey for rooting cuttings. Why should you sue honey? Well what it does is create a protective barrier around the cutting to reduce the amount of diseases and rot entering the wounded part and killing it.
Attract honeybees into your yard by planting a bee friendly garden. Your
vegetables will thank you.
status - Guest
Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:06 PM
Winter is setting in. Start planning your spring gardens now with some indoor projects...
How to Build a Garden Tuteur
Do you have vines growing all over your garden? If so, why not build your own tuteur, so that you can control this problem? That’s right, a tuteur gives your vines a structure that it can wrap itself around, all while keeping your garden looking well-maintained.
status - Rick
Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:37 AM
status - Guest
Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:26 AM
Herbs for High Blood Pressure
1. Garlic - Garlic contains allicin, a substance which has antibacterial, antioxidant, lipid lowering and anti-hypertension properties. In a pilot study made at Clinical Research Center of New Orleans on whether garlic could lower blood pressure, nine patients with severe hypertension were given a garlic preparation containing 1.3 % allicin. Sitting blood pressure fell with a significant decrease in diastolic blood pressure only five to 14 hours after the dose. Moreover, it was proven in a 2009 study that fresh garlic has more potent cardio-protective properties than processed garlic.
2. Cinnamon - Cinnamon not only prevents heart disease, it can also prevent diabetes. The Center for Applied Health Sciences in Ohio conducted a study of 22 subjects, half of which were given a 250mg of water soluble cinnamon daily while the other half were given placebo. It was discovered that those who drank cinnamon had a 13 to 23 percent increase in antioxidants connected with lowering blood sugar levels.
3. Onions - Onions contain quercetin, an antioxidant flavonol found to prevent heart disease and stroke. In a research study published in the Journal of Nutrition, subjects with hypertension experienced a decrease in their blood pressure by 7mmHg systolic and 5 mmHg diastolic as opposed to those who were taking placebo.
4. Olives - This herb is a significant part of the Mediterranean diet, recognized to be one of the healthiest in the world. Oil made from olives has been found to reduce blood pressure. In a study conducted on the importance of olive oil, Dr. L. Aldo Ferrara, Associate Professor at the Frederico II University of Naples in Italy discovered that the daily use of 40 grams of olive oil reduced the dosage of blood pressure medication in hypertensive patients by about 50 percent. Polyphenols in extra-virgin olive oil was credited for the significant reduction of blood pressure.
5. Oregano - This herb contains the compound carvacrol which has been proven to be effective against blood pressure. In a study conducted on animal subjects, by researchers from Eskisehir Osmangazi University in Turkey, carvacrol was found to reduce heart rate, mean arterial pressure as well as the systolic and diastolic blood pressures.
6. Hawthorn - This herb has been traditionally used to treat high blood pressure. In one study conducted in Reading, UK, 79 type-2 diabetic patients were randomized to receive 1200 mg of hawthorn extract while another group received medication for high blood pressure. Results revealed that patients taking hawthorn by the end of the 16th week showed a reduction in their mean diastolic pressure.
7. Cardamom- In one study published in the Indian Journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 20 subjects newly diagnosed with primary hypertension were administered 3 g of cardamom powder. After the end of the 3 months, all the subjects experienced feelings of well-being without any side effects. Moreover, the study was able to demonstrate that blood pressure was effectively reduced. It also improved antioxidant status while breaking down blood clots without significantly altering blood lipids and fibrinogen levels.
Taking advantage of the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of spices and herbs is an excellent way to boost your body's health. Herbs have low calorie content, increase the medicinal value of your food and allow you to use natural forms of lowering blood pressure. Mix them up with your soups, salads, fish and meat and vegetable dishes. It's a healthier and cheaper alternative to keeping bottles of prescription drugs and synthetic supplements.
Learn more: http://www.naturalne...l#ixzz2hp5dY2SO
10 Best Herbs for High Blood Pressure
Adding herbs in your diet will enrich your medical value of your food and spice up your life. Sometime we don’t have any idea about the benefit of simple herbs that always stays in our kitchen or table. Now let’s have a look to those neglected precious things.
Garlic is one of the best herbs for high blood pressure as it contains substances like anti- hypertension properties and antioxidant. Some research shows that it helps to lower blood pressure significantly. So try to add more garlic in your everyday diet.
Some doctors and medical assistance consults to take this herb as supplementary food item for high blood pressure. You can also take this helpful herb by juicing with apple.
Cinnamon is very useful for reducing high blood pressure. One study also suggests that it also helps to lower blood sugar level and increase glucose metabolism process.
Onion is one of the significant herbs for high blood pressure and preventing much heart disease. Quercitin is the most helpful ingredient that controls blood pressure.
soybean is great choice for controlling blood pressure as it contains magnesium and lots of potassium. This is also a very healthy snack. Eat it with vegetables or by boiling one cup.
Oh I am sure about this one; nobody has any excuse. You will be happier to know that a study conducted and published in American Medical Association – suggested that chocolate helps to lower blood pressure. But be careful about the quantity as it also has high level calories.
Beans are full with nutrition, fiber, and valuable ingredient that work for lowering blood pressure and improve overall heart health. You can add bean salads, soup in your daily meal.
Spinach is always a good herb for high blood pressure with low calories. Eating spinach with sandwich or just mix with salad can add extra herbal value in your meal for controlling blood pressure.
Rosemary is another good alternative medicine used for lowering blood pressure. It also use as home remedies for muscle pain and improving memory.
Yes you heard right. This fruit is rich with potassium which is a great ingredient for managing blood pressure. This regular fruit should be in your diet list with other effective herbs for high blood pressure.
status - Guest
Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:18 AM
status - Greenthumb
Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:34 AM
For those that may grow their own herbs or buy fresh from the grocery store, some of them can be re-grown as well!! Plants such as basil, mint, and oregano are incredibly easy to reproduce from cuttings — and a heck of a lot faster than growing from seed. So easy in fact, that it is practically criminal how quickly you can stock your entire garden from one small plant. I save time and money every season multiplying my basil crop in this way.
Herbs to Start in Water:
Broadleaf Thyme/Cuban Oregano
Herbs to Start in Soil/Coir:
Broadleaf Thyme/Cuban Oregano
Savory (Summer and Winter)
Reply to this topic
|Topic||Forum||Started By||Stats||Last Post Info|
||Chickensomething Website Discussion||Jesse Jimmie||
||Philosophy, Psychology and Religion||status - Food for Thought||
||Politics, News, and Hypocrisy||status - Sutter||
||Politics, News, and Hypocrisy||status - Anonymous||
||Aliens, UFOs, & the Paranormal||status - Guest||
||Aliens, UFOs, & the Paranormal||status - Seth||
||Politics, News, and Hypocrisy||Roadtoad2||