#1 Ludikrus

Ludikrus

Premium Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:08 PM

I've been thinking a lot about visual and auditory input and how it affects the behaviors of people. Music in particular is a focus of mine at the moment. This goes way back as I enjoy the power of music tremendously. 440 Hz vs 432 Hz is interesting.

https://youtu.be/LVoVr9UwOQM

It's interesting to me because music conveys so much power in our society the world over. A common language. Words themselves mean nothing in the overall context of the sounds created. A simple melody by itself creates stimulus/inhibitors all by themselves. Sure, I can relate to the lyrics of a song, but, if the melody or rhythm doesn't move me it means nothing. At least to me. I'm seeing a diminishment in the quality of music (maybe because I'm getting old and think the younger generations music sounds like a dog with laryngitis). It used to be a musician had to be proficient within themselves to play any kind of instrument. Rock offered virtuoso types of players. I think this caused a more positive result because it influenced 15 million guitar players to practice, practice, practice. Giving them more of a desire to learn and critically think about how to put a song together in creative ways.

Rap, on the other hand, seems to be more about the me, me, me. Lyrics, rhymes, and limericks offering negative stimulus to the young. The beats are lower in frequency creating a deeper hypnotism within the dancers. Originating from the crotch, so to speak, and staying there. Rising no higher.

Today, using computers, anyone can create beats and sounds, mix them together using the basic song structures without knowing any theory or putting in the practice necessary to master an instrument. That's just in a pop culture sort of sense. Surface garbage that keeps us from looking deeper into ourselves and others.

Then there is the music in movies and TV. For the most part it's classical in its approach. Causing all kinds of emotional value to enhance the visuals on the screen. Star Wars would be a shitty movie without the genius of John Williams.....

Tavistock legends from Laurel Canyon are interesting! Echoes of the past traveling forward. Is the path being created good for us all?

It's getting stranger and stranger........

https://youtu.be/bnlvPoDU5LY

#2 status - Tujunga

status - Tujunga
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:03 PM

Celebrity road and the Wonderland path. Who is behind Pop Culture? Music Stars why and what are they involved with, and for what reason is Laurel Canyon a CIA, Military mind-control psyops center? Is this an outlying diabolical covert Black-ops Institution? The Fabian Society, Tavistock, Esalen Institute, etc. Who are the custodians of all of this.

#3 status - PKD

status - PKD
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:25 AM

Chicago Coliseum: Jim Morrison provokes riot 

While still a student at Florida State University (FSU) Jim Morrison took a class in the psychology of crowds. Along with his own independent reading of Norman O. Brown’s book “Life Against Death”, Morrison came to the conclusion that crowds just like people could have sexual neuroses, and like people those neuroses could be diagnosed and treated. To try and prove his theory he tried to enlist some friends into disrupting a speaker by strategically placing them in the crowd and at appropriate moments in the speech shouting slogans that could “cure” the crowd, make love to it, or cause it to riot. 

tumblr_lgqk8k42kj1qb98uxo1_500.gif

The Miami Incident

Without some assemblage of the events which culminated in Jim Morrison's behavior on the night of March 1, 1969 at the Dinner Key Auditorium, one can only witness a small piece in a turbulent puzzle. A shrewd historian could, most likely, trace all of the significant moments in Morrison's short, brilliant life toward his ultimate destruction. Yet, Miami was that moment of fate when pressure strangled any thought of restraint and Jim lashed out once and for all time against the sex-symbol image he had dangled so tantalizingly at the media. The image the press had quickly preyed upon and proceeded to stretch and manipulate beyond any sense of reality. Jim had played along with the game in his youthful
ignorance, but his disdain for this image intensified as he matured.

Media Madness: Larry Mahoney saw the makings of copy first, his article appeared on March 3, 1969 as a review of the concert in The Miami Herald. "The hypnotically erotic Morrison, flaunting the laws of obscenity, indecent exposure and incitement to riot, could only stir a minor mob scene toward the end of his Saturday night performance."

#4 status - Miner 49er

status - Miner 49er
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:40 AM

We are governed, our minds molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of.  

-  Edward Bernays (Propaganda 1928)

#5 status - Chemin

status - Chemin
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:48 AM

Lookout Mountain Laboratory

The 60 and 70's Hollywood and the music industry looks like a government run operation centred at Lookout Mountain Laboratory.

What did the studio at Wonderland Avenue do?

#6 status - Guest

status - Guest
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:52 AM

Laurel Canyon and the Covert Military Connection to 60's Rock

#7 Ludikrus

Ludikrus

Premium Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationEverywhere